Web Site Terms of Service (TOS)
Read this web page carefully, as it contains the User Agreement ("Agreement") between You (and any entities You represent) and UPC Food Search for the UPC Food Search Services and Websites.
By clicking "I accept" on the registration page You agree to the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, including the Appendices for specific Services. If You do not accept these Terms and Conditions, or if You do not abide by them in good faith, You must not use the Services or Websites.
Key points of this Agreement are as follows, with details and exact wording given in the full body of the Agreement:
- UPC Food Search's non API services are free to use by everyone.
- You agree to ONLY use UPC Food Search for its intended purpose of helping you find information.
- Other than information you choose to release such as product entries or posted comments will be publicly visible; however, we will never release your personal information such as your email address to anyone without your consent.
- UPC Food Search is not liable for any problems that may arise during the usage of our services.
- You are responsible for any material you post on UPC Food Search.
You agree, through your use of this website, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on UPC Food Search.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this website to confirm the validity of data posted on this website. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. Anyone who feels that any posted entry is objectionable is encouraged to notify the staff of UPC Food Search immediately and may do so via Contact Us page.
The staff and the owner of UPC Food Search reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular entries immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content you submit. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of UPC Food Search, any related websites to UPC Food Search, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of UPC Food Search also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this.
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to anyone, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
2. API Terms of Service (TOS)
3. CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT
- We reserve the right to change this Agreement at any time without notice, and any such changes will appear in the copy of this Agreement available on the UPC Food Search website. We will give You notice by email or on the Website if changes have occurred that We consider material and major, in our sole discretion.
- You agree to be bound by any changes that We make to this Agreement. You have the option to unsubscribe from the Services if You do not agree with the changes. You agree to be bound by any changes during the period between when the changes are made and when You unsubscribe, if You use the Services during that period.
- You may not make any changes to this Agreement. You may send comments or suggestions via Contact Us page, but our reception of these comments or suggestions does not indicate our acceptance.
This document was last updated on April 15, 2011